My name is Ailie, and I’m a freelance writer. I love to travel and go on new adventures; I wear bright colours and patterns; I listen to heavy rock music and drink beer; I love to try new foods; I never want to leave the party; I have an ever-increasing collection of tattoos; I’m Scottish and proud. That pretty much sums me up in a nutshell.
Throughout this blog I’ll be sharing some of my many travel adventures with you, both in Scotland and abroad. I’ve lived in Scotland for almost 30 years and I’m still discovering exciting new places to visit. Even the most remote areas in Scotland are only a few hours’ drive away so there really is no excuse not to get out and explore!
This blog won’t just be all about travelling in Scotland though. I’ve also discovered lots of new and exciting places abroad. Some of my most memorable moments include:
- Visiting the Concentration camp at Auschwitz.
- Drinking gluhwein at the Christmas market in Munich.
- Partying ’til dawn in Ibiza.
- Walking the red carpet at Cannes.
- Following in Jack the Ripper’s footsteps around London.
- Visiting the ancient city of Ephesus in Turkey.
- Tasting lots of weird and wonderful new foods, including Sheep’s brain soup!
- Sampling marijuana in Amsterdam.
- Celebrity-spotting along the promenade in St. Tropez.
You will also meet my partner Andy along the way, who will be joining me in many of my adventures. Although I’m sure he would sometimes rather just sit in the pub!
|Andy, a true Scotsman|
I hope you all enjoy reading about my travels, and thanks in advance for visiting my page.
Click here to browse my list of travel destinations
I’d love to hear any comments or feedback, so please get in touch below: